Q Event 2014 Evaluations & Comments
Over 100 Anglicans from across the diocese attended the Q Event 2014 held at Briercrest College, Caronport held October 25-26, 2014. By all accounts it was a wonderful event and we look forward to Q-2016.
Evaluation of worship and music:
- Excellent/Energizing /Uplifting/Awesome (15)
- Good (9)
- Awesome Icebreaker (2)
- Would have liked one “traditional” hymn
- Cursillo evening could be shorter
- Could include a time to encourage new believers or those with failing faith
Evaluation of keynote speaker (Bishop Mark Rylands)
- Wonderful/Excellent/Fantastic/Inspiring (20)
- Good/Enjoyable (6)
Evaluation of workshops
- All Workshops were very well received.
- Course descriptions would have been helpful
- Would have liked to attend more.
Evaluation of location and facility
- Excellent/Good Facility (27)
- Perhaps breakfast could have been better.
- Landing smells moldy, otherwise great.
- Need to have maps of town
Saturday Banquet Evaluation
- Good/Great/Enjoyable (17)
- Supper space limited, needed more tables and chairs
- not sure if it was much better option than cafeteria
- Helpful/Interesting (18)
- Not enough time for regional sharing
- Too noisy for regional sharing
- Need more of this!
- Concert wonderful but maybe not necessary, people were tired.
- Concert was very good, unfortunately not well attended. Perhaps should have been earlier?
- Having the concert at 8:30 was perhaps too late after a long day
- Keith Kitchen concert would have been better to start during coffee and dessert time with prayer and praise moved a bit later to conclude the evening.
Your expectations of the weekend and what you ended up “taking away”
- Renewal/Reflection/Rejuvenated! (7)
- Met Expectations (7)
- Exceeded Expectations (5)
- Affirmation, new ideas & fresh eyes to what we are doing & not doing.
- Tools and ideas and things to run with in my congregation, parish, and deanery
- Time for action! Enough talk, let’s get moving.
- Feeling better equipped for our MAP and case for support.
- We are a Diocese who can come together in work for mission for God.
Other comments and suggestions
- Timely/better promotion (8)
- Bulletin inserts to promote event
- Pulpit announcements to promote event
- Parish sponsorship for participants
- Personal testimony of “what I learned”.
- Keep promoting the event to get more people to come to it.
- Encourage more involvement and more people. r.
- Those who attend should be encouraged to share their insights and experience with their parish.
- Longer regional discussion time.
- Great event, just wish I knew how to get more to come.
- As some take action, get others on board.
- Promote children and teen program to encourage families to come.
- Include a brief introduction for each session
- No bottled water – environment
- Agenda should include room numbers and buildings.
- We need to let go of the fear and take hold of our trust in God and step out of our comfort zone.
- Emphasize that it is not just for vestry or church leaders but a time for everyone (including new believers) and all ages and stages of life for fellowship, learning, and prayer.
- Have a website and Facebook for Diocese that promotes topics, speakers, and some “endorsements” from previous attendants.