Diocesan Synod Office Regina
November 21, 2018
January 2, 2019 (4 days training: Dec 18-21,2018)
The main work of the Receptionist/Office Assistant involves various clerical and office duties as well as greeting and directing visitors. This position is a 24 hour per week commitment Tuesday through Friday (4 days). Rate of pay is $15/hour.
- proven work experience as a receptionist;
- competence with MS Word, Excel, Outlook;
- well-developed interpersonal skills;
- multi-tasking and time management skills;
- hands-on experience with office equipment;
- solid written and verbal communication skills;
- ability to be resourceful and proactive;
- ablility to keep confidence.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- a professional attitude and appearance;
- a customer service mind-set;
- ability to work in a team environment;
- willingness to learn.
- Christian beliefs and practices;
- welcoming and pleasant demeanor;
- a spirit of hospitality.
The Receptionist/Office Assistant is accountable to the Bishop, the Executive Officer and Diocesan Council and supports the work of the Bishop and Synod Office in all matters. The successful applicant will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check and sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
General Job Description:
- clerical duties including: occasional correspondence (letters, emails), filing, updating directories, opening & distributing incoming mail
- greeting and directing visitors
- answering questions
- referring enquiries
- organizing the Bishop’s appointments
- maintaining the reception area
- ordering office supplies
- hospitality duties including: oversight of coffee room, purchase of coffee room supplies, assistance with meals at lunch or supper meetings
- administrative support with special projects
To apply for this position please forward your resume with references by email to the Diocese of Qu’Appelle Synod Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact Shelley Baron, Office Manager @ 306.522.1609.
Applications will be accepted until midnight November 21, 2018.