International Anglican-Roman Catholic Conference on the Diaconate
- May 10-13, 2018
- Campion College
3737 Wascana Pkwy, Regina, SK, S4S 0A2
This conference is co-sponsored by the Anglican Diocese of Qu'Appelle and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Regina, through their joint Anglican-Roman Catholic Covenant Implementation Committee.
The conference will look at the points of convergence as well as divergence of our two Communions in the context of the world-wide Anglican-Roman Catholic dialogue given renewed impetus by Pope Francis and Archbishop Justin Welby of Canterbury.
- Deacon Maylanne Maybee (former Principal, Centre for Christian Studies, Winnipeg, Manitoba)
- Canon Rosalind Brown (Durham Cathedral)
- Deacon Josephine Borgeson (School for Deacons, Berkley, California)
- Deacon Susanne Watson Epting (Diocese of Iowa, former Director of the Associations for Episcopal Deacons)
- Canon Alison Peden (Provincial Director of Ordinands, Edinburgh)
- Sub-Deacon Brian Butcher (Lecturer & Research Fellow in Eastern Christian Studies, Metropolitan Andrey Sheptysky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies, St. Michael's College in the University of Toronto)
- Deacon George Newman (Diocese of St. Catharines, Ontario; Director of Deacon Programs, Newman Theological College, Edmonton, Alberta)
- Deacon Frederick Bauerschmidt (professor of theology at Loyola University, Maryland, Archdiocese of Baltimore)
- Sister Gloria Marie Jones, OP, of the Dominican Sisters of Mission San Jose, California
- Canon Michael Jackson, Deacon, Diocese of Qu’Appelle, co-chair, Anglican-Roman Catholic Covenant Implementation Committee
- Dr. Brett Salkeld, Archdiocesan Theologian & Director of Diaconal Formation Program, Archdiocese of Regina
Accommodations are available through the University of Regina, Campion College, in Kisik Tower.
Required information: To complete this registration, you will need registrant's contact information, allergies or food sensitivities, emergency contact.Register
Registration is open until April 29, 2018.