Closes: March 1, 2024
Diocese of Qu'Appelle
1501 College Ave., Regina, SK, S4P 1B8
Diocese of Qu'Appelle
VBS Program Director
2 positions available
REPORTS TO: Camp Harding Director
REMUNERATION: $17 per hour, approx. 25-30 hours per week
TERM: 8 weeks: July 1 to August 30, 2024
Some weeks will be Sunday to Friday and some will be Monday to Friday
The Program Directors help organize and deliver a provided Vacation Bible School Day Camp. The same VBS program will travel to 4 or 5 different locations around the Diocese during July and August. On weeks where no VBS is scheduled, VBS Program Directors will complete tasks either in the Synod office in Regina or at Camp Harding in Cypress Hills Provincial Park.
From July 1-7, the Program Directors will be in the Synod office in Regina, completing training and helping with preparation tasks including program scheduling, volunteer training and preparing materials for each camp. The remainder of the weeks will involve travel to different parts of the Diocese for programs.
During the 8 weeks, there will be times of staying in communities other than Regina. Billeting and food will be provided for those times. Billeting while in Regina may be provided if needed.
The Program Directors will:
- With assistance from the Camp Harding director, conduct a volunteer staff meeting prior to each camp with all volunteers, reviewing the camp schedule and assigning camp duties (leading activities, food provision etc.)
- Work with the host parish to organize and provide all materials for the activities.
- Decorate the VBS area in each parish prior to camp and lead the teaching and worship portions of the program.
The Program Directors must complete a brief orientation session with Camp Harding Director prior to the camp.
* The setting will usually be in a church building or hall, local volunteers from that parish will be always present.
* Accommodation will be provided by a billet family in those communities.
* Possibly loud and high energy environment.
If you want to have a fun and rewarding summer, teaching and leading young people in engaging activities that strengthen faith, this might be the job for you!
Send your resume to Kate Berringer at [email protected] today!
- 18 years or older, able to work within, and support, principles of faith
- ability to motivate and effectively supervise volunteers and youth
- evidence of sensitivity to the needs of young people with an ability to respond appropriately
- ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team member
- ability to assume responsibility, manage a heavy workload and prioritize tasks
- excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision-making skills
- demonstrates enthusiasm, sense of humour, patience and self-control, be able to problem-solve using sound judgment
- CPR-C and Standard First Aid Certification within the past two years.
- Valid Driver’s License and use of a vehicle
- Will be willing to completed online Plan to Protect certification, provided by the Diocese.
- Hold a satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check